Air Fried Mini Pierogy Shrimp Tempura Bowl
By: Catherine Lowe
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces raw, peeled shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 5-6 ounces mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coat pierogies with nonstick cooking spray and place in the air fryer in one layer.
- Cook pierogies at 400°F for 12 minutes. Shake basket halfway through cooking time; set aside.
- While pierogies are cooking, whisk egg and water together.
- Dredge shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Dip shrimp in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper; place shrimp in a single layer.
- Cook the shrimp at 400°F for 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the shrimp are cooking, whisk together mayonnaise, miso paste, sesame oil, lime juice, cayenne and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Slice the cucumbers, green onions and avocado; set aside.
- Arrange greens on a large platter or salad bowl.
- Top with carrots, cucumbers, green onions and avocado.
- Arrange the shrimp and pierogies on top.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salad and serve.