TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and oregano to skillet and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Place ground beef into skillet, breaking into large chunks; cook for 5 minutes until meat is golden brown.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over beef, making sure to mix well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and chicken broth, making sure to mix well. Add sour cream to skillet and let simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and water. Place pierogies in skillet and put a lid on the skillet to steam, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let pierogies pan fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Put beef stroganoff on top of pierogies before serving.