Broccoli Cheddar Pierogy Soup
- 2 boxes Mrs. T's Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (+ more to taste)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped (approx. 2 medium heads of broccoli)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened and light gold.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes or until the flour begins to turn golden in color.
- Pour in the chicken stock, broccoli florets, and seasoning. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots are cooked through.
- While the soup simmers, cook the mini cheddar pierogies in another pot on the stove according to package directions
- Stir in half & half and cheddar cheese to the soup pot and simmer for another minute. Stir in the cooked pierogies. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.