Caprese Pesto Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 28 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box Garlic & Parmesan or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 1½ cups fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup fresh grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, blend together basil, walnuts, Romano cheese and garlic. Pour in olive oil slowly while still mixing; season with salt and pepper. Scrape down sides, and if necessary. Pulse once more to make sure pesto is smooth. Set aside.
- Sauté pierogies in coconut oil over medium heat, approximately 8 minutes on both sides.
- Add tomatoes to pierogies; stir together.
- Remove pierogies from heat and toss with pesto sauce. Transfer to a large plate before serving.