Chicken & “Waffles” Pierogies
TOTAL TIME MINUTES
PREP TIME MINUTES
- 4-5 Mrs. T’s Garlic & Parmesan Pierogies
- 3-4 Chicken tenders
- Maple syrup
- Hot honey
- Basic seasonings
- 1/2 cup syrup
- 3 TBSP hot honey
Chicken Breading Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Season raw chicken with Salt and pepper
- Put in a bowl and cover with buttermilk and a few dashes of Hot sauce
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk and hot sauce for 4-12 hours
- To bread chicken tenders, combine breading ingredients together on a large plate.
- Take chicken out of buttermilk and cover in flour, take back to buttermilk and dredge again in flour. Shake excess flour off and place on clean plate while you prepare others.
- Pre-heat oven to 400’F. Spray sheet and both sides of frozen pierogies with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes. Turn over halfway through.
- In a small saucepan add in 1/2 cup syrup, 3 TBSP hot honey.
- Heat over medium heat until all combined
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until chicken is golden brown, and juices run clear, 7-8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Plate and serve (garnish with fresh parsley - optional)