Cordon Bleu Baked Pierogies
Created by Haylie Duff, @haylieduff
- 1 box Mrs. T's® Pierogies Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced ham
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon unsalted melted butter
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the inside of a cast iron skillet or baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil 1 box of Classic Cheddar Pierogies according to package instructions; drain.
- Layer the chicken across the bottom of the skillet, then layer the Classic Cheddar pierogies in a circular design and top with diced ham.
- In a separate pot or skillet, melt the butter and then slowly whisk in the flour until combined. Slowly add 2 cups of milk. Bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and salt, whisking to combine.
- Spoon cheese sauce over the chicken, ham and pierogies, then top with the shredded Swiss cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, melt the 2 additional tablespoons of butter and mix in the panko breadcrumbs until they all have a slight coating of butter. Generously scatter across the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.