Italian Bistro Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box American Cheese or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey or beef, egg, bread crumbs and salt. Shape mixture into 1½-inch meatballs.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat in 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil, cook half the meatballs, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove to bowl.
- Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs. Add marinara sauce and reserved meatballs. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil pierogies for 5 to 7 minutes, as directed on package; drain.
- Add pierogies to skillet with meatballs; heat through. To serve, sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- In a hurry? Substitute your favorite ready-made meatballs.