Loaded Baked Potato & Sausage Pierogy Casserole
TOTAL TIME MINUTES
PREP TIME MINUTES
- 1- 16 ounce box Loaded Baked Potato Pierogies
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Roma tomato
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- A dollop of sour cream
- In a skillet over medium/high heat and add the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 20 seconds. Add in the ground sausage and season with salt/pepper. Brown for 5–6 minutes.
- Add in the pierogies to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add in the cooked sausage, shredded cheese, and chicken broth. Mix together until combined. Cover and cook on low for 2–3 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the room temperature of cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the casserole. Take a spatula and spread until the top is covered.
- Once done cooking, mix everything together and add to a plate or a bowl. Top with chopped bacon, green onions, diced tomatoes, and sour cream.