Minestrone Mini Pierogy Soup
TOTAL TIME 37 MINUTES
PREP TIME 12 MINUTES
- 2 boxes Mini Classic Onion or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 2 (32 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large stockpot, combine chicken broth, diced tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, carrots, garlic and seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and add pierogies and baby spinach. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until pierogies are heated through and spinach is wilted and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.