Pad Thai Mini Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup peanut sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 scallions, diagonally sliced
- Boil pierogies as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat in hot butter or margarine, cook eggs until just scrambled, stirring quickly and constantly. Remove eggs to bowl; set aside. Wipe out skillet.
- In same skillet over medium heat, in hot peanut oil, cook garlic until lightly browned. With slotted spoon, remove garlic to bowl with eggs.
- In drippings remaining in skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken, salt and crushed red pepper, stirring constantly, until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in pierogies, egg mixture, peanut sauce and bean sprouts. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until heated through. Garnish with chopped peanuts and scallions.