TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- 1 box Garlic & Parmesan or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced Spanish or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon caper berries, halved (optional)
- 1 teaspoon green olives (such as castelvetrano), sliced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In large skillet, combine olive oil, onions and garlic. Sweat onions and garlic over low heat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in white wine and cook until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and cook until butter is melted.
- Add in flour and cook until flour is completely absorbed, about 1 minute. Add in chicken stock and simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a sauté pan, melt remaining tablespoon unsalted butter and vegetable oil. Add pierogies and sear lightly, about 7 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add pierogies to skillet. Add cherry tomatoes, capers, caper berries and green olives. Combine well and season to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.