Pierogy Broccoli Mac & Cheese
TOTAL TIME 20 MINUTES
PREP TIME 3 MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 medium head of broccoli, florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1.5 C 2%milk
- 4oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Shred cheese and set aside.
- Wash and cut broccoli florets into bite sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl, add a small splash of water, and cover with saran wrap. Microwave for 3 minutes to steam. Once prepared, drain any excess water and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 Tbsp of butter and melt over medium heat. Saute Mrs. T's Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies as directed on the box (approximately 10-12 minutes) until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter. Whisk in the flour until a creamy roux is created. Add in the milk and whisk to combine. Add the shredded cheese and whisk to melt.
- Once the cheesy sauce is ready, mix in the cooked broccoli and stir to combine. Gently add the cooked pierogies into the cheese sauce, and serve immediately.