Pierogy Pasta Salad w/ Shaved Corn, Feta Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, & Seasonal Vinaigrette
TOTAL TIME MINUTES
PREP TIME MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, husked
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
For the seasonal vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh herbs such as basil or dill for garnish
- Run pierogies under cool water to defrost slightly before grilling. Lay down aluminum foil over the grates. Toss the pierogies in olive oil so they are more pliable and cook evenly.
- Add Pierogies to hot grill and cook until slightly charred on both sides—about 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool slightly.
- While the pierogies are cooking, place the corn on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the kernels are slightly charred and tender, about 8-10 minutes. Cut zucchini into 4th’s and grill, turning occasionally, until tender. Remove zucchini and corn from heat and let it cool. Once cool, carefully shave the corn kernels off the cob using a sharp knife. Carefully cut zucchini into bite sized pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pierogies, shaved corn kernels, zucchini, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Pour the vinaigrette over the ingredients and gently toss until everything is well coated.
- Transfer the pierogy pasta salad to a serving dish. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs such as basil or dill. Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled. It can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light main course.