TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini 4 Cheese Medley or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Arrabbiata sauce*
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to a standard 6-cup muffin tin. Crack an egg into 5 cups. Bake the eggs for 14-15 minutes. Remove eggs from the cup using a slotted spoon.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, sweat pepper and onion. Add garlic and sauté.
- Add Arrabbiata sauce and crushed red pepper. Bring to a simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Allow time for flavors to marry over low heat, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare pierogies according to package directions for sautéing.
- Add pierogies to sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- For a less spicy version, marinara sauce can replace the Arrabbiata sauce.