Pulled Pork BBQ Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 10 HOURS
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 2 boxes Loaded Baked Potato or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pickled red onions (optional)
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and sliced
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place sliced onions on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix together the ingredients for the rub. Once combined, spread the rub on the top and bottom of the pork shoulder. Place the pork shoulder on top of the onions in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Pour marinade over the pork shoulder. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours.
- When pork shoulder is done cooking, carefully use two forks to shred the pork in the slow cooker.
- Sauté pierogies in butter over medium heat, approximately 8 minutes on both sides. Toss pierogies with pulled pork and serve. In a hurry? Substitute your favorite pulled pork barbecue recipe and heat accordingly.