Slow Cooker Chicken & Mini Pierogy Stew
- 1 box Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock or broth
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the celery, carrots and onion in slow cooker. Add the chicken breasts, chicken stock and thyme. Cover slow cooker and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let cool until easy to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cornstarch in bowl and whisk in 1 cup of cooking liquid from the slow cooker until smooth. Return cooking liquid to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Increase heat to High.
- Carefully drop the pierogies into slow cooker and stir to combine; simmer.
- Shred chicken; return to slow cooker. Continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes or until pierogies are cooked and chicken is heated through.