Smoked Salmon Everything Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box 4 Cheese Medley or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon, cut into 12 pieces
- In a small bowl, combine poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, onion and salt. Set aside.
- Boil pierogies as directed on package; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat in hot butter, sauté pierogies, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle pierogies evenly with poppy seed mixture as they begin to brown. Arrange pierogies on serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium glass bowl combine cream cheese and water. Place bowl in microwave and cook at medium high (70% power) for 20 to 30 seconds, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth, warm and saucy. Top each pierogy with some cream cheese mixture and a piece of smoked salmon.