TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- 1 box Garlic & Parmesan or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, vegetable oil, divided
- 3 Arbol chile OR 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup Szechuan chile sauce
- 4 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 5 cloves), divided
- 1/2 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns OR black peppercorns, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup black bean garlic sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion (white parts only)
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon peeled edamame
- 2 tablespoons firm tofu, diced
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
- Place 1/2 cup oil and chiles into a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, or until chiles turn brown. Remove chiles from oil and discard. Add Szechuan sauce to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons ginger, 2 tablespoons minced garlic and ground peppercorns, cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add black bean sauce and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Reserve.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic and scallions, cook for 1 minute. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up big pieces of pork with a wooden spoon. Add soy sauce and combine. Reserve.
- In a skillet, melt butter and remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add pierogies and sear lightly, about 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Reserve.
- In a large skillet, combine Szechuan sauce, ground pork mixture, seared pierogies, edamame, and tofu. Cook over medium high heat until combined, about 2 minutes. Garnish with bean sprouts and serve.