Yuengling Traditional Lager Battered Mini Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 25 MINUTES
Created by Sheryl Yuengling, Yuengling 6th Generation Family Member
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Cheddar Seasoned with Bacon Pierogies
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups Yuengling Traditional Lager (chilled)
- Vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, for garnish
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable or peanut oil in a large pot over medium high heat until the temperature reaches 350˚F. Keep the oil at a consistent temperature to avoid burning the outside of the pierogies.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; whisk together. Add the cold beer and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Dip the pierogies in the batter letting any excess batter drip off and carefully place them in the oil. Fry for 4 – 5 minutes, flipping occasionally with a slotted spatula. Do this in batches to keep from overcrowding the pot. Remove the pierogies with the slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined sheet pan. Serve warm with creamy horseradish sauce and a cold Yuengling Lager.
- Stir all ingredients together, except for the chives, in a large bowl until fully mixed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with chives before serving.