Pierogies with Classic Meatballs and Vodka Sauce
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Garlic & Parmesan Pierogies
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vodka (substitute: lemon juice if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ cup diced onions and garlic. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cream, vodka, 3 tablespoons water and ½ teaspoon salt and parsley. Let simmer for 5 minutes until creamy, add Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs and remaining onion. Form into small meatballs. Add to a non-stick sauté pan and bring to medium heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, turn the meatballs occasionally to cook evenly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pierogies and cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Toss pierogies in sauce and serve with meatballs and Parmesan cheese.