Created by Rachel Quenzer, @Rachelquenzer
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Garlic Parmesan Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pints heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush pierogies with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake according to package directions.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, shallot and garlic to the pan; stir until nicely caramelized.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and slowly add in the Parmesan cheese; stir until melted. Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach; simmer until bubbly and warm.
- Once sauce is ready, serve over pierogies.