Pierogy Taco Casserole
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box of Classic Onion or your favorite variety of Mrs T’s Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add half the olive oil and sauté the pierogies until they are golden brown, about 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the pierogies and add the remaining olive oil. Sauté the red peppers, corn, black beans, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Spread the vegetables and beans into a square baking dish. Nestle in the pierogies. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Melt the cheese under the broiler, about 2 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, onions and cilantro before serving.