Chicken Fajita Pierogy Sheet Pan
TOTAL TIME 1¼ HOURS
PREP TIME 30 MINUTES
- 1 box of Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 pound pre-cut boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 packet Fajita seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Fire-Roasted Tomatillo & Avocado Pico de Gallo:
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (remove seeds if you’d like it less spicy)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine pierogies, chicken, peppers, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with spice mix and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and pierogies are toasted. Serve with Fire-Roasted Tomatillo & Avocado Pico de Gallo.
- To Make the Pico de Gallo - Char tomatillos for about 15 minutes in a hot, dry frying pan until charred on all sides. Let cool, then chop.
- Mix tomatillos with remaining ingredients. Taste and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
- Pico de Gallo will keep up to 3 days covered tightly in the refrigerator.