Butternut Squash Pierogy Casserole
- 1 box Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed in ½ inch squares
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add onion to sauté pan with olive oil, garlic and salt. Cook over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan, stir to coat; let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Place pierogies in a baking dish, top with butternut squash. Add caramelized onions and lightly toss with squash and pierogies.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Remove from oven and uncover dish. Top with cheese and breadcrumbs; place back in oven uncovered.
- Bake 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.