Pierogy Corn Casserole
- 1 box Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 2 ½ cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Chili Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add butter and garlic to skillet.
- Sauté garlic for one minute until fragrant, then add the corn.
- Cook the corn with the garlic butter for 2 minutes until it starts to soften slightly, then add heavy cream.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper and chili flakes; set aside.
- Arrange pierogies at the bottom of a prepared baking dish.
- Cover pierogies with the corn mixture. If adding cheese, top the corn mixture with cheese before covering the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Cook the covered pierogies for 10 minutes, then uncover and cook for another 10 minutes. To char corn, switch the oven to broil for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with basil and chili flakes before serving.