Caesar Salad with Pierogy Croutons
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put egg in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip each pierogy in egg, then breadcrumbs to coat. Arrange pierogies on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put lettuce in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, cheese, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over lettuce and toss gently.
- Arrange baked pierogies over the salad and serve with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.