Mexican Street Corn Mini Pierogy Salad
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 5 ears shucked fresh corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Vegetable oil, for the grill grates
- Run pierogies under cool water to thaw.
- Heat an outdoor grill for high, direct heat. Meanwhile, place the Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder in a large bowl and toss to combine; set aside.
- Scrape the grill grates clean if needed, then oil them. Place the corn on the grill and grill uncovered, flipping them every 5 minutes, until some kernels are charred, 20 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Meanwhile, place the pierogies on the grill (reserve the bowl) in a single layer. Grill uncovered until grill marks appear and the pierogies are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off by standing each ear of corn on the stalk end in the now-empty pierogy bowl and carefully cutting the kernels off with a paring knife.
- Add the grilled pierogies. Whisk the mayonnaise, cotija if using, lime juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder together in a small bowl. Pour over the corn and pierogies and toss until combined. Sprinkle with more cotija cheese, if desired, and serve warm or at room temperature with lime wedges.