Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken Pierogy Skewers
TOTAL TIME 60 MINUTES
PREP TIME 45 MINUTES
- 1 box Feta & Spinach or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies, thawed
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thigh or breast, cut into 2 -inch pieces
- zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced OR 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ red onion, cut into 2 -inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2 -inch pieces
- Feta, optional
- Kalmata olives, optional
- Cucumber, optional
- Preheat grill; set grill temperature to medium-low.
- Run pierogies under cool water to thaw.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Reserve ¼ of the mixture and set aside. Add chicken to the remaining marinade and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On eight 12-inch long metal skewers, alternately thread pierogies, chicken pieces, onion and peppers. Arrange skewers on grill rack.
- Grill skewers for 18-20 minutes, turning skewers occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, until pierogies, chicken, onions and peppers are cooked through. Serve with feta, olives and cucumber.