Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Mini Pierogy Kabobs
TOTAL TIME 32 MINUTES
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini Classic Cheddar or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 20 ounce can chunk pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 14 10 inch skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes if wooden
- Vegetable oil, for the grill grates
- Place the Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies, chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple in a large bowl or gallon zip-top bag. Pour in 1/2 cup of the teriyaki sauce and shake or toss to coat. Seal the bag if using and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill for medium-high, direct heat.
- Thread 2 pieces each of the pierogies, chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple onto the skewers, alternating them, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece. Place the skewers on a baking sheet. Discard the marinade in the bowl.
- Scrape the grill grates clean if needed, then oil them. Place the skewers on the grill and brush with some of the remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Cover and grill until grill marks form on the chicken and pierogies, about 6 minutes. Uncover, flip the skewers, and brush with more sauce. Cover and grill until the chicken and pierogies are cooked through, about 6 minutes more.