Herb Air-Fried Pierogies
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Onion Pierogies, or your favorite flavor
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, divided (such as parsley, dill or chives)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onion tops
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lightly whisk egg whites with water in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon fresh herbs in a shallow pan or baking dish.
- Dip each frozen pierogy in the egg white mixture, then into the seasoned panko mixture to coat.
- Place pierogies in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook 12-15 minutes at 375°F, turning the pierogies halfway through, until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining pierogies until the full box is cooked.
- While the pierogies are cooking, combine the sour cream in a small bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, sliced green onions, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pierogies on a platter and serve with the dipping sauce on the side.