Lemon Broccoli Pierogy Skillet
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box of Garlic & Parmesan or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets (4.5-5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in 12-inch non-skillet over medium heat. Add pierogies and cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and basil; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, lemon juice, broccoli, and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer, cover, and steam for 2-3 minutes until broccoli is bright green and tender.
- While the broccoli is cooking, whisk together the milk and cornstarch. Stir in milk mixture and Parmesan cheese. Simmer, uncovered, 1 minute, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Return pierogies to the skillet and continue to simmer until they are heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.