Mexican Baked Eggs with Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 55 MINUTES
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 1 box of Jalapeño & Sharp Cheddar or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (11.5-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 4-6 large eggs
- Cilantro to garnish, optional
- Crusty baguette for serving
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spread salsa on the bottom of a 9x13” pan.
- Add frozen pierogies, black beans, and roasted peppers to salsa. Stir to combine and coat with salsa. Make a hole for each egg, leaving a little space in between.
- Gently crack each egg into each hole. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are just barely set, and yolks are loose, about 25 minutes. If you’d like them firmer, bake 10 minutes more. The eggs will continue to cook after you remove them from the oven, so don’t overcook them unless you like them well done.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with a warm crusty baguette.