Mini Pierogy Mac ‘n Cheese Skillet
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box of Mini 4 Cheese Medley or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Mini Pierogies
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add half the olive oil and sauté the pierogies until they are golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Remove the pierogies from the pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Sauté the white parts of scallions over medium high heat until they are fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, peppers and squash. Continue cooking for 5-8 minutes until they are tender but still crisp. Remove the veggies from the pan.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and heavy cream in the skillet. Simmer the mixture until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream cheese, stirring until it has melted.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the cheese until the sauce is melted and smooth. Add the pierogies and veggies back to the pan gently stirring until they are coated.
- Top with green scallions before serving.