Pierogy, Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 1 box of American Cheese or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- ¾ pound bacon, sliced
- 6 pretzel buns
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 teaspoons Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the bacon on it. Cook the bacon in the oven until crispy, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a medium sauté pan. Add pierogies and cook until cooked through and crispy, approximately 8 minutes on each side. Turn the heat off, but leave the pan on the burner. Crowd pierogies together in the middle of the pan and add the two slices of cheese to the top, allowing the cheese to melt over the pierogies, with the residual heat. Remove pierogies from the pan; set aside. Add halved buns face down into the pan and toast.
- Scramble eggs to your desired doneness and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Spread Sriracha aioli on halved buns. Layer eggs, pierogies, cheese, and bacon onto bun before serving.