Nashville Hot MINI Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES
Nashville Hot Sauce:
- 1 stick (4 ounces) salted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (add more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Minis 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies or your favorite variety of Mrs. T’s Pierogies
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ Tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 eggs
- Ranch dressing, coleslaw, and pickles, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, white vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Let simmer for 3 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- In another wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs together.
- Put prepared, cooled Nashville hot sauce in a third shallow bowl.
- One by one, coat each pierogy in egg wash, hot sauce and then in breadcrumb mixture – make sure they are fully coated.
- Place pierogies in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pierogies are crispy and warm all the way through. (This may vary depending on the type of air fryer)
- Serve with Ranch dressing, pickles and coleslaw.