TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Loaded Baked Potato Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pancetta
- 1/3 onion, diced
- ½ pound American cheese, cubed
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- Parsley (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add pierogies to a baking sheet and spray both sides with nonstick olive oil spray; bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping over halfway through baking.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and heat. Once olive oil is hot, add pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
- Remove pancetta and wipe out excess grease from pan.
- Add diced onions and cook for 5 minutes until onions caramelize.
- Turn heat to low and add 1 cup heavy cream to pan, scrapping brown bits.
- Stir in cheese, stirring continuously to keep from burning.
- Add in remaining cream and continue to stir making sure cream and cheese is well combined.
- Remove pierogies from oven and top with cheese sauce, pancetta and parsley before serving.