Pierogies with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup peas, fresh or thawed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups asparagus, cut
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Fresh dill and basil, to garnish
- Add butter and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Melt butter, then add the diced onion and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and continue to cook until mushrooms are browned.
- Reduce heat to low; add thyme, heavy cream and peas.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce into a bowl; set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet.
- Add asparagus and pierogies to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of water and cover with a lid. Cook on low for 10 minutes, until pierogies are completely cooked and golden.
- Pour sauce over the pierogies and asparagus.
- Garnish with fresh dill and basil and serve.