Pierogy Pasta Salad
TOTAL TIME 45 MINUTES
PREP TIME 30 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 1 cup salami, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls, drained and quartered
- 1 cup black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ sprig fresh parsley or basil, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Optional garnishes: Parmesan cheese, pepperoncini, fresh lemon wedges, fresh parsley or basil
- Over medium-high heat, sauté pierogies in butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, salami and mozzarella.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, diced herbs and dressing with salad ingredients.
- Add cooked and cooled pierogies to the bowl.
- Serve with extra cheese or fresh lemon wedges.
- In a small bowl, vigorously whisk together red wine vinegar, garlic salt, black pepper, Italian herbs, sugar and olive oil. Set aside.