Pumpkin Cacio e Pepe Pierogies
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Add pierogies and sauté until fully cooked and browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the pan and reduce heat to low. Once butter is fully melted, add pepper and flour, stirring constantly.
- Cook until a paste begins to form, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in whole milk, stirring constantly. Once sauce begins to thicken, add Parmesan and pumpkin puree.
- Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- Add pierogies to sauce. Garnish with additional Parmesan if desired.