Sautéed Pierogies with Caramelized Onion Dip
TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Loaded Baked Potato Pierogies
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped green onions (Optional)
- Preheat skillet over medium heat; add butter and 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and season with salt.
- Cook onion for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown.
- When onions are almost finished, add remaining oil and pierogies to a separate skillet in a single layer. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Once onions are finished, allow to cool slightly; add to a food processor with sour cream.
- Puree until smooth, seasoning with salt to taste.
- Add dip to a bowl and top with green onions before serving with pierogies.