Sloppy Joe Pierogies
- 1 box Mrs. T’s 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can your favorite beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer. Stir in onion and cook until the onion is softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the turkey, stirring to break up the meat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeño, beans, tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 10-12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add pierogies to water and cook 4 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange pierogies on a serving plate and top with sauce before serving.