Sweet & Sour Pierogy Kabobs
TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
PREP TIME 20 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 10 strips bacon, cut in half
- 10 14-inch skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil, for the grill grates
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Run pierogies under cool water to thaw.
- Turn on one side of a grill to medium and let it preheat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small pan on the stove. Stir until brown sugar dissolves.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, chop the vegetables and pineapple.
- Skewer vegetables, pineapple, bacon and pierogies in an alternating pattern.
- Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool and thicken.
- Place skewers on the grill opposite of the flame. Close the grill and let skewers cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skewers and coat lightly with the sauce. Place back on the grill for 10 more minutes.
- Move and cook skewers over open flame for 5 minutes.
- Add additional Sweet & Sour sauce before serving. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.