Berbere Spiced Sheet Pan Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 30 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box of Sour Cream & Chive or your favorite variety Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon berbere seasoning
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray
- Toss pierogies in olive oil and berbere spice and add to baking sheet maintaining a single layer as much as possible.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove sheet pan from oven and flip the pierogies. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- While the pierogies are cooking, combine yogurt, feta cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season to taste and pour into a separate bowl. Serve with pierogies.
- If you are unable to find berbere seasoning at your local grocer you can make this blend originating from Ethiopia by blending 1/2 teaspoon each of: smoked paprika, sea salt, cayenne powder, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, cumin, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger and turmeric powder. Store remaining seasoning in an airtight container for up to 1 month.