Jalapeño, Cauliflower & Pierogy Bake
TOTAL TIME 50 MINUTES
PREP TIME 30 MINUTES
- 2 boxes Mrs. T’s Savory Five Cheese Blend Pierogies
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Thaw Five Cheese pierogies under cool water, while preparing other ingredients.
- In a skillet, brown cauliflower florets in olive oil until tender.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux – do not brown the flour.
- Pour milk slowly into the saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Fontina cheese to the saucepan and continue whisking until melted.
- To the cheese sauce, add chopped kale, sliced jalapeños, and cooked cauliflower.
- Combine ingredients well; remove from heat.
- Pour a scoop of cheese sauce into a 9” x 13” baking dish to cover the bottom.
- Lay half of the pierogies on top of the cheese sauce, and then cover with half of the cheese sauce.
- Layer remaining pierogies and cover with remaining cheese sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.