Kielbasa Crumble Pierogies
TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Onion Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound kielbasa (Polish sausage), casings removed
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high head and add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add sausage and onions to skillet and sauté until the sausage crumbles and onion is cooked through.
- Remove sausage and onions from skillet; set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet; add pierogies to skillet, arranging in a single layer.
- Cover the skillet and lower the heat to low, cook for 5 minutes. Uncover the skillet and flip the pierogies to sear the other side. Cover the skillet one more time and let the pierogies cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Top pierogies with sausage crumbles and cheese. Put lid back on skillet and keep heat low for 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme before serving.