Pierogies and Sausage Foil Packet
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Classic Onion Pierogies
- 10 ounces fully cooked chicken apple sausage, sliced
- cups zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels (preferably fresh, but frozen will work)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Lemon parsley dressing
Lemon Parsley Dressing:
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Prepare 4 (12x14-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil or double layers of regular foil, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
To make the dressing:
- In a small jar, add all ingredients. Screw lid tightly into place and shake until the dressing is well-combined; set aside.
To make the packets:
- In a large bowl, toss pierogies, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and red bell pepper with the lemon parsley dressing.
- Lay a prepared sheet of heavy-duty foil on a flat surface.
- Evenly divide pierogies, sausage and vegetable mixture between 4 foil packets.
- Bring the short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal. Fold the sides towards the center, making sure to leave room for steam.
- Place foil packets on the grill. Grill for 16 minutes, flipping packets halfway through cook time.