TOTAL TIME 60 MINUTES
PREP TIME 45 MINUTES
- 1 box (12.84 oz) Mrs. T’s Minis 4 Cheese Medley Pierogies
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 4 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 48 oz Chicken Stock (1 ½ cartons)
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Kale, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese, Bacon, Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook the bacon and sausage over medium-high heat in a soup pot for 3-4 minutes. When meats are cooked through, set aside, and leave the drippings in the pot.
- Add the olive oil and chopped onions to the pot. Pan sear for 3 minutes until onions begin to brown.
- Add Mrs. T’s Pierogies, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in pot with the onions. Pan sear for additional 3 minutes until pierogies begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the chicken stock and browned meat.
- Simmer, covered with a lid for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the chopped kale and heavy cream into the soup pot.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.