Tomato Basil Pierogy Soup
TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) container tomato puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ pound cooked Italian sausage, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Put oil and onion in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the onion is softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in pierogies and continue cooking 5 more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the sausage and basil, stirring to combine. Sprinkle the cheese over the top before serving.