Pierogy Chicken Stew
TOTAL TIME 45 MINUTES
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup peas
- In a large pot, add olive oil and brown chicken for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from pot and set aside.
- Put the onion, celery and carrots; sauté for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add butter to pot with vegetables and melt; sprinkle cornstarch over vegetables. Season with oregano and thyme.
- Pour broth and milk into pot and add the chicken and peas; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put frozen pierogies in the pot and simmer for an additional 7-10 minutes until pierogies are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.