Pierogy Pot Pie Soup
- 1 box Mrs. T’s Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, smashed and minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (about 1 pound) chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 ½ cups frozen green beans
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray both sides of pierogies with olive oil spray and bake for 18 minutes, turning halfway through baking time.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a pot and heat. Add the chicken and brown; remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pot and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add carrots and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream and green beans.
- Whisk in flour, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add chicken back into pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in peas, corn and fresh thyme; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve and top with pierogies, extra thyme and fresh parsley.